ABOUT THE CHAMBER
The Vallejo Chamber of Commerce is organized for the purpose of advancing the commercial, industrial, civic and general interests of the city of Vallejo and its adjacent areas.
The Vallejo Chamber of Commerce is:
- A Dynamic Forum for the Exchange of Ideas and the Development of Business Leadership in the Community.
- A Comprehensive Source of Business Information and Education for Existing Members and Potential Members.
- A Collective Representative of Community Business Interests to Local, State and Federal Government Officials.
- A Facilitator of Economic Development, Business Retention, Business Expansion and Business Relocation in Vallejo.
- The Foundation for the Enhancement of the Community through Business Interests, Involvement and Experience.
History of the Vallejo Chamber of Commerce
The Vallejo Chamber of Commerce began in May 1874 as the Vallejo Township Board of Trade.
In April of 1901 the Board of Trade was re-organized and re-named the Vallejo Chamber of Commerce. In 2008 the Vallejo Chamber received its 30-year reaccredidation from the U. S. Chamber of Commerce. The accreditation is an important achievement and signifies quality leadership in community improvement as the United States Chamber of Commerce accredits only 20% of all Chambers in the United States.
Today, the Vallejo Chamber of Commerce is about leadership in the areas of governmental affairs, political action, development of a strong economy and membership services. Through the resources and expertise of more than 600 members, the support of a professional staff, and partnerships with many organizations, the Chamber is positioned to play a strategic role in all of these areas in an effort to improve the quality of living and doing business in Vallejo.